For setting up AOL Mail in Windows Mail you must have an AOL email account with a valid log in detail. You have all you need to get your email messages through the Windows Mail app. Because AOL is also one of the email accounts that is already configured for use with mail itself.
However, setting up windows mail into work with an AOL account requires some process that I will tell you next.
And you don’t need to know any advanced information to add your account. After you add your AOL account, you can access your inbox and any messages in other folders that you set up in your account. “AOL Mail Login“
Firstly, you need to have an AOL account for that you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open login credential on aol.com in the browser on your PC
- Scroll down the page you will found create a new account link
- Click on the “Create new account” link and fill in all the details to make an AOL email account.
After all these steps are followed, your AOL account will be created. And now, you log in it on the browser in AOL mail’s website or application on your PC.
Now here are the steps to add your AOL account to your Windows mail
- Again you have to log in to your AOL account on aol.com in your PC or Laptop’s browser and minimize it.
- Then open Outlook on the same PC/laptop you are using right now.
- After that, open the Outlook option on the link that shows the ad account option from the File menu.
- After that, select manual setup or additional server
- Then select POP or IMAP
- Then in “account type”: IMAP
- Select incoming mail server; imap.aol.com, for your incoming mails.
And outgoing mail server SMTP; smtp.aol.com
- Then enter your username and password
- And after that go to more setting and select the outgoing server
Tick on “My outgoing server (SMTP) and it require authentication and then click below on use same setting as my incoming server.
Then press OK
- Click on the advanced tab and fill incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
- And after these steps click OK when it’s all completed
And then click next
- After all these steps IF you entered everything correctly, both testing task will be completed
- Then close little windows and click next.
- You will get the message of confirmation and click finish.
- And now you are able to use your aolmaillogin account in your windows mail