AOL mail offers a wide range of communication services to the users including the capability to use its email client for the purpose of sending and receiving emails and to ensure an easy flow of communication. There are screen names in AOL which allow you to make a unique identity and you become easily distinguishable by the email recipient. Thus, many users have been concerned about the query how do I add or change my AOL mail login screen name.
When you create your AOL account at the AOL mail login site for the first time, the username you create at that moment is your primary username. This username can be modified later on whenever you want. You can create a number of screen names and if you do not need one later, then you can delete it based on your preferences. Thus, in this tutorial, we shall learn the process to delete a pre-existing username at aol com login.
Some easy steps to delete an AOL username/screen name
Before you begin, you must note one thing that you cannot delete your primary username, but you can always delete a username that you have created additionally. To delete my aol mail login screen name, follow these steps:
- Go to the aol.mail login website.
- When the aol mail login page opens, enter your login details to sign in.
- If asked for the security question, enter the answer.
- Click ‘Continue’ on the ‘My Account’ tab.
- Go to the ‘Usernames’ section.
- Then, tap on the ‘Manage my username’ tab.
- Click on the ‘X’ icon next to the screen name you want to delete.
- To proceed further, click on the ‘Delete’ option once again.
To add a new screen name in AOL
If you are interested in creating a new AOL mail login screen name, then you must follow the instructions given below:
- Make sure you are logged in to aol.mail.login.
- Again, go to the ‘Manage my usernames’ section.
- Here, you need to type the new screen name in the given text box.
- Then, tap on the ‘Add’ button to continue.
- You can also choose the option to ‘Suggest username’.
- Finally, follow some easy steps to add a new aol.com login screen name.
How to change an AOL screen name?
Follow the steps given below in order to change an existing AOL username:
- From a web browser, go to the aolmail login website.
- Then, you need to enter your username and password.
- Finally, click on the ‘Login’ option to continue further.
- Next up, go to the ‘My Account’ section.
- Answer the security question if it appears on your screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Options’ button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down you see, select the ‘Redaction’ option.
- Now, select the option reading as ‘Show name’.
- In the available box, enter the new screen name.
- Finally, choose the given option to save the username.
This is how you change a screen name in AOL.
Consecutively, the new my AOL mail login screen name will now appear to your recipients whenever they receive an email from you. Make sure the screen name is unique and something with which the other person could easily identify you. In case you do not like a username or screen name or you find it to be inappropriate, then you must go to the ‘help’ articles given on AOL’s official website.